Preparing For Your Stay
Due to the lack of storage space, please limit personal items to one small bag. Items brought in by patients are the sole responsibility of the patient. St. Luke’s will not be held responsible for any missing, lost/stolen or damaged items.
During the summer (Memorial day to Labor day) please bring an appropriate bathing suit i.e. one piece for women and knee length swim trunks for men.
Always give the belongings you may bring in to the staff first. Avoid bringing items in plastic bags.
All belongings brought onto the units will be searched.
Washers/dryers are available on each unit.
Please make sure all personal items are signed out and taken with you when you are discharged.
For items left in the safe after discharge, please contact Intake and Assessment at 602-251-8535.
Items Not Permitted
The following items are not permitted on any unit:
1. Drugs and/or medications
2. Drug paraphernalia
4. Spray cans
5. Toxic markers and/or glue
6. T-shirts, posters or jewelry, which advertise drug/alcohol use
7. Valuables, credit cards and large sums of money
9. Rubbing alcohol
10. Pagers/ Cell phones
11. Pornographic magazines/materials
14. Safety pins
15. Decorative pins
16. Bags/Book bag w/long straps/including overall pants
18. Clothes with cords/drawstrings/soft belts
19. Metal containers or glass
20. Q tips
21. Air fresheners
23. Mechanical pencils
24. Pencil sharpeners
26. Eyelash curlers
27. Picture frames with glass
28. Glass vases
29. Helium balloons/latex
30. Mouthwash (unless non-alcohol)
32. Radios w/cords
34. Laptops/Gameboys or personal electronics (ie: MP3, IPod, etc)
35. Hangers/plastic, wood or wire
If you have any questions about what can or cannot be brought to the unit, please contact the unit directly.