Momentum: Mental Illness Program
The professionals at St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center understand that dealing with serious mental illness is a daily struggle. For some people, long-term assistance is needed. Momentum was created as an outpatient program uniquely designed to help stabilize and assist those dealing with serious mental illness. A treatment plan is then developed to help our clients successfully achieve their goals. Each step of the way, our team is here to help clients reach their highest level of mental, physical, social and spiritual wellbeing.
Partial Hospitalization Program Level of Care
Partial hospitalization provides services five days a week for clients requiring maximum support.
Intensive Outpatient Program Level of Care
The intensive outpatient program offers services three days each week and is for those needing less acute care.
Our team of professionals includes a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, outpatient director, program director, community liaison, psychiatric nurse, and licensed therapists who work with each individual client throughout the Momentum program. Since the Momentum program offers long-term care, our clients have the added benefit of working with a care coordinator during their program. The care coordinator, who is a licensed master’s level therapist, works with each client to develop a successful treatment plan.
- Offer a safe environment for mental health treatment
- Provide an alternative to inpatient hospitalization
- Offer clients support to assist them with living in the community by providing a structured environment
- Develop individualized treatment plans
Clients work together in group activities, which may include:
- Education about diagnosis and symptoms
- Education about medication and side effects
- Relaxation techniques/stress management
- Anger/conflict management
- Healthy relationships and boundaries
- Daily living skills
- Groups on grief and loss
- Confidence building/goal setting
- Co-occurring groups when needed