What Should I Expect From St. Luke's Behavioral Health Center?
St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is a 127-bed facility located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. The Behavioral Health Center offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services for seniors, adults, adolescents, and children requiring psychiatric and chemical dependency care. Individualized treatment plans are developed by our certified doctors and trusted physicians through a collaborative effort between each patient and our caring and experienced staff. We maintain a holistic approach to treatment that addresses each person’s physiological, psychological, spiritual, and social needs.
- Accreditations & Awards
- Patient Safety
- Newsroom / Media
- St. Luke's Scholarship Program
At St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center, it is our goal to provide safe, effective and affordable healthcare for our patients.
We encourage patients to take an active role in their health care, and we believe they should make informed decisions about the physicians and hospitals they trust to provide that care.
St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. The Joint Commission evaluates the safety and quality of care provided by more than 15,000 healthcare organizations and programs in the United States. Joint Commission accreditation is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality reflecting a hospital’s commitment to meet certain performance standards.
St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is committed to providing a quality, comprehensive continuum of behavioral health care that strives to produce outcomes, which exceed the expectations of our customers. We maintain our position as a premier behavioral healthcare provider by continually assessing our service in response to our customers’ needs and implementing innovative strategic solutions in a clinically and fiscally responsible manner.
St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center dedicates its staff and resources to the development and provision of effective behavioral health interventions and programs, which are competent, caring, and responsive to the needs of patients, customers, and community. This commitment includes:
- Providing a comprehensive and focused assessment of each patient’s needs resulting in an individualized approach based on the patient’s needs.
- Providing a continuum of care that is responsive to patient’s needs, and advocates for the most appropriate level of care.
- Providing services with a physician led multidisciplinary team treating patients and their families with dignity and compassion.
- Developing programs in response to customer needs, which emphasize the continuing quality improvement process.
- Fostering a supportive collaborative work environment that encourages staff members to strive for excellence in all phases of clinical and customer service.
- Operating in a manner recognizing the importance of achieving clinical outcomes with fiscal responsibility.
Phil Sheridan, MSW
President, St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center
Phil joined the St. Luke's Behavioral Health team as President in 2022 bringing his experience in Crisis Intervention, Clinical Supervision, Team Building, Psychiatry, and Organizational Transformation to St. Luke's Legacy Behavioral Health Center serving the community since 1969. Phil is a highly experienced leader, and a past Chief Executive Officer with a demonstrated history of exceptional leadership in the hospital & health care industry. Phil holds a Masters focused in Social Work from Boise State University adding to his broad knowledge of high quality patient care, clinical operations and the behavioral healthcare landscape.
Facts About St. Luke's Behavioral Health Center
- St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is a 127-bed mental and behavioral health facility located on the campus of St. Luke’s Medical Center. For more than 50 years, the Center has been serving the mental health needs of its community with both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs for mental and behavioral illness and/or drug and alcohol addiction.
- St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center offers individualized treatment plans on both an inpatient and outpatient basis, depending on need. The services are departmentalized and specialized to care for children, adolescents, adults and seniors.
- The experts at St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center include a wide variety of specialists, including licensed psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, licensed masters-level counselors/social workers, mental health technicians, occupational therapists, recreational therapists, registered nurses, case managers, and nutritionists.
- Our program philosophy is to provide individualized clinical care guaranteeing each person the opportunity to reach his or her maximal level of physical, mental, social, and spiritual wellbeing. St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is committed to preserving the integrity of both the patient and family while furnishing a safe, therapeutic environment.
Call (602) 251-8535 or 1-800 821-4193 to schedule an evaluation for admission. The professionals at St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center are available around the clock to answer any questions or concerns.